X is for Xtra Green!
We celebrated and learned about Saint Patrick and all that is green. We also learned about leprechauns, rainbows and the pot of gold.
This week, we . . .
- Learned about the letter "X", learned the Jolly Phonics song and (as we do each week) reviewed the previous songs.
- We read a few books from a series called Let's get Along about how to make good choices that bring us closer to God during lent. We also read books about Saint Patrick's Day.
- Did color mixing of yellow and blue to make green
- Continued exploring the color of the month "yellow" with play dough and also pulled out the green play dough, as well.
- We watched a video about Saint Patrick and why and how we celebrate.
- Discussed the symbolism of the Trinity with the 3 leaves of a shamrock and made a project.
- We made leprechauns and wrote about what kinds of sneaky tricks we would play if we were leprechauns.
- We made "Leprechaun Traps" to try and catch a Leprechaun. Unfortunately, we didn't catch him or get his pot of gold, but he left us some chocolate gold coins!
- Because we wanted to leave the traps out, we enjoyed a "carpet picnic" for snack!
- We went with our 5th Grade Buddies to see the school musical: "The Wizard of Oz".
Table Time Activity ...
Free Choice fun ...
In small groups with Ms. Motto, we . . .
- Dot Painted "X"
- Played a St Paddy's Day number recognition game called "4 in a Row"
- Made a Trinity Shamrock project.
- Made leprechaun project and wrote about it.
- Monday is the "First Day of Spring" ... But, the weather still fluctuates. If it's 30 degrees or above, we'll go outside ... so send please send warm stuff!
- Mondays - Spirit Wear!
- Spring Break is March 27th to March 31st. Classes resume Monday, April 3rd.